Friday, September 2, 2016

China Glaze All Wrapped Up

I've said before that one of the reasons I started this blog was to rediscover polishes in my collection. I had worn this polish, China Glaze All Wrapped Up (which, like Monday's polish, also came out Holiday 2013), once before, and I remembered that it was a microglitter that was hard to get off. I wore peel-off base coat to help with removal. What I didn't remember was how much I hate the horrible sludgy formula.
Seche Vite on first two fingers, no top coat on last two
I bought this polish last December at my local TJ Maxx, brought it home, and put it away to wait for the inspiration to wear it. That spring, I picked up one of my favorite cremes, Revlon Irresistable. I thought All Wrapped up would make a great accent, so I took both polishes out and set them on the end table next to my boyfriend's and my bed (I didn't have my workstation set up yet). Disaster struck when my boyfriend knocked a pillow onto the table and sent my polishes flying. I found Irresistable quickly, but All Wrapped Up seemed to have disappeared. I searched the whole bedroom, under the bed, under the mattress, I used a flashlight, a dowsing rod, I consulted a psychic...no trace. I found All Wrapped Up on Amazon and was totally going to buy another bottle just so I could do this mani I had in mind.


Fortunately, I didn't have to buy the other bottle, because I found this one. I used to keep my purse in front of the end table (which eventually lead to my boyfriend spilling an entire drink into it, because he is a hazard), and I had searched it repeatedly since it was the obvious place for the bottle to have fallen. One day I turned my purse upside down and the bottle fell out; it had dropped into a pocket I never used and forgot was even there. Awesome story, right? Did I mention that this polish has a horrible, unworkably goopy formula that dries dull but not textured and is just generally obnoxious? Thank god I didn't buy that other bottle. Stop by on Saturday to see if I can redeem this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment