Monday, September 12, 2016

Nina Ultra Pro Art Walk

Today's polish is incredibly ugly. It's...just look at it!
I paid I think $2.79 for this, and I want my money back. Nina Ultra Pro Art Walk is a bizarre hot pink with electric blue microglitter scattered throughout it. It looks strange in the bottle and appallingly ugly on the nail.

OK, so maybe I am being a little harsh on Art Walk. The above photos are without base and top coat, and I don't usually wear anything without base and top coat (except maybe Zoya Pixie Dusts). Let's see if Art Walk is redeemed by a coat of Seche.

It's actually much better with top coat. The blue glitter just comes off looking kind of like dirt in the base color, though. I can see why someone would think this combo would work, it sounds like it would have a 90's sort of lovable neon horribleness. I don't know if the base of this polish is too thick or if it's something with the glitter itself, but either way, this has a KBShimmer A-Blazing-esque resistance to sparkling.

If it sparkled, that would be different. I'm not doing this project with any intent to destash anything, but I am assembling a mental garbage pile as I go along, and right now I'm imagining myself throwing Nina Ultra Pro Art Walk into it. It's too bad, because hot pink is one of the few varieties of pink that I like on me. Come back on Wednesday to see another dud...uh, I mean, another interesting polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment