Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday Nail Art - Green Blobs

Sounds great, right? I was pretty stuck about this nail art. I did all the swatches for this week back in August, right after I got back from vacation, and I did not think I was going to be able to make nail art for this combination of polishes. Alluring Rose was messing me up. I did swatches of a franken I'd made and was going to post those instead, but all the photos turned out crappy. Fortunately, I came to the realization that Angel Kiss is green and Appletini is green, so let's just forget about Alluring Rose and do a green-on-green blobbicure.
 I had to redo a couple of nails because the thing about blobbicures is, they take their sweet time to dry. I mean, it's a blob of polish, so yes this is common sense and I should have known better.You can also see on the ring finger where I added an extra dot of polish after I'd top coated; this was not a good idea either.
I still wouldn't go so far as to call this a nail fail, because I do like the way it turned out. Not sure why I initially thought these colors wouldn't work together. That's part of the fun of this blog anyway: giving myself permission to make ugly things! I'm also going to be swatching some fuggo polishes next week, so if you're a fan of hideous things, be sure to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment