Friday, September 30, 2016

Zoya Bay

Oh boy, Zoya Bay! Remember a while back when Zoya said they were discontinuing the pixie dusts? They didn't! Summer 2016 saw the release of six pixie dusts (the "seashells" portion of the Sunsets & Seashells collection), and I have all of them. Bay is one of my favorites.
Zoya Bay has a regular pixie dust finish, so it's slightly gritty and very, very sparkly. Contrasting shimmer has been a big trend this year, and I think Bay falls into this category with its golden sparkle. It stands out brilliantly in the sun. I think this is three coats of Bay; like a lot of the pixie dusts, it's a touch sheer and dries rapidly.

I have all six of the seashells because of a Good Morning America sales code, so that's awesome. I thought it was so cool that I had a whole collection (well, half of one), and these were the first polishes I ever swatched. If you want to see the original swatches, many of which were taken with flash because I am such a pro, you can check out my Instagram. I loved Bay when I swatched it the first time, kind of forgot about it, then got to swatch and love it all over again.

One thick coat of Seche gives a glassy finish and makes the sparkle just explode. I absolutely adore this shade of sky blue, and the golden glitter in it gives me a Cinderella feel. This is a summer polish, but I really think it's delicate and pretty enough for spring, and icy enough for winter.
Even though pixie dusts aren't super awful to remove, I did wear a peel-off base coat under this and Balinese Bay earlier in the week. Come back tomorrow to see how peel-off base coat inspired some avant garde nail art.

No comments:

Post a Comment