Friday, September 23, 2016

Liquid Sky Lacquer Babi's Bur-Bindi

Here's a polish that was one of my first indie purchases. Liquid Sky Lacquer had a sale last summer, when I was still a broke student, so I spent the $8 or whatever that I had in my PayPal account left over from doing transcription jobs at her sale. I bought my first holos: a mini of Pure Luxury, and a mini of a red holo I can't remember the name of. It turned out to be out of stock, so Carolyn, the maker (as you can see on the label below) gave me a partial refund and included a sample of today's polish, Babi's Bur-bindi.

This polish was named after the blogger who runs Colorsutraa. I'm not sure if it was a collaboration shade or what, but it's definitely a unique color. The official description calls it a burgundy, but I think it's more of a mahogany. It's a reddish brown base with a rose metallic gleam in some lights. 

 I've gotten two full manis out of my sample bottle so far, and I'm pretty sure there's enough for a third in there. I feel like I don't hear a lot about Liquid Sky Lacquer, but they've really got some nice brown holos in the shop (this particular one has been discontinued). I think these were actually my first holos, and even though I love them, I haven't bought anything else from this brand. I should probably change that!
I had two holos and two jellies this week! Come back tomorrow to see if I was able to successfully combine them.

No comments:

Post a Comment