Friday, August 5, 2016

Wet N Wild Megalast 2% Milk

Today's polish is a sheer nude. It's a well-loved, accessible, affordable, and effective YNBB (your nails but better) polish from classic cheap drugstore brand Wet n Wild. I bought this because it came so highly recommended by the nail community, even though I hate sheer nudes. I don't want my nails to look milky and shiny! It grosses me out, just like actual milk. Maybe it's not so much a YNBB; maybe it's more of a YNBS (your nails but slimier). This is the slimiest polish in the galaxy.
This is a heavily edited photo. 
This kind of polish is seen as essential that everyone should have in her collection, though. It's versatile, subtle, and is appropriate for a wide range of situations. If you need a sheer nude to round out your collection, you could certainly do worse than 2% Milk.


In the end, I have to say I do like this polish. It applies really well, with very little streaking and no dragging. I did 3 coats for the pictures, but I wish I had left it at 2; more layers make the polish more gelatinous-looking, rather than more opaque. To really make this one shine, you need a matte top coat.

I edited this with the Windows 10 image viewer, so it's technically not Photoshopped..

Speaking of cheap-yet-high-quality drug store polish, here's NYC Matte Me Crazy on top of 2% Milk. Mattifying gives it a frosted-glass look that I love. I'm not a huge matte polish person, either; there's just something about this color with this finish that makes me feel like my nails are made of porcelain. I feel like the daintiest.


The plan for tomorrow is to show nail art made using this week's polishes. It's nothing super fancy, but I wore it all day and kept admiring it (even though I'm still missing my long nails). Check out tomorrow's post to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment