Monday, August 8, 2016

OPI 50 Years of Style

Today's post is another gold polish, OPI 50 Years of Style. I'm not a huge OPI fan, so all the ones I have, I bought on sale. 50 Years of Style came from an $8 two-pack at TJ Maxx.
It's metallic
The other polish in the 2-pack was a re-labelled glitter called "Golden Waves." TJ Maxx sometimes has old OPIs that have been renamed; I've read that they're polishes that are from collections that were associated with a particular celebrity or brand. When the license runs out, the polish has to be renamed, was the theory. That makes sense, although I wonder why 50 Years of Style not only didn't get renamed, it still has the horse-patterned wrapper on the cap. (I've also never been able to figure out what Golden Waves originally was - maybe by the time I get to the G's, I'll have some readers and someone will recognize it)

I'm always looking for nice gold polishes. This one I bought some months ago and never got around to wearing. I actually like it a lot! This is two coats. It's slightly sheer and has a very smooth, fast-drying formula. I'm not usually a person who mattifies all the things, but I thought 50 Years might glow a little under a matte top coat.


Honestly, I don't have a lot to say about this polish. It's nice, but nothing really special. Join me Wednesday for something orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment