Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sally Girl 24 Karat

Hello again! So in my introductory post, I didn't outline the premise of this blog. Basically, I'm going to be swatching polish from my stash and posting pics and thoughts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Saturdays, I'm going to post nail art that is hopefully made from that week's polishes (unless they are completely fuggo together, in which case I have some alternate features planned). I'm going to post in roughly alphabetical order; this blog was almost called something like “alphanailmeric,” but I didn't want to commit to only swatching in alphabetical order and also that name looks stupid.

Without further ado, here's today's polish: Sally Girl 24 Karat!
Indoor lighting
For those of you who aren't familiar with this brand, Sally Girl is sold only at Sally Beauty...or was, it's actually been discontinued recently and replaced with something else. Not the most auspicious polish to start with, now that I think of it!





Sally sold these little tiny bottles for 99 cents, which made them both temptingly cheap and a complete rip-off. Swatching this basically emptied my bottle, although in 24 Karat's defense, I did a mani with this prior to nubbing. I considered putting the pics here, but trust me, they are terrible. 24 Karat is a perfectly average gold foil; there's absolutely no point in reviewing it, since you're not likely to find it anywhere, and the tiny brush is pretty miserable to use anyway. 
That was my first set of swatches! Join me Friday for a polish that is the opposite of this one in a lot of ways (by which I mean, you can and should buy it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment