Wednesday, August 17, 2016

OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle

Here's another polish from an OPI two-pack. I bought this one when I had maybe one brown in my collection and was trying to fill it out a little, used it for nail art once maybe, and then kind of wrote it off. Swatching it, I was surprised by how much I liked it!
Indoors and edited
I've honestly never been that big on OPI. I think the names are cumbersome and annoying, I don't like cremes that much so I was never that into their formula, and I think most of their collections are repetitive, uninspired, and dull. I do get the appeal, and I'll admit, the formula on this polish really did impress me. When people describe a formula as "buttery," with a smooth application, perfect consistency, thick enough to stay put and not run but thin enough to spread easily over the nail...this polish is a sterling example. It is perfectly buttery.
Another thing that really shocked me was how much I liked the color on me. It's a greenish brown that's very wearable on my cool, pink skin. It's got an olive undertone to it. In the bottle, it looks like a much more straightforward brown. My only complaint about this polish is the name, which is incredibly stupid and also annoying to type AND ALSO not the least bit accurate. A-Taupe the Space Needle is from a collection with all travel-themed names, and it seems like once OPI locks themselves into a naming scheme, sticking with that is more important than what the colors actually are. This isn't taupe, like, at all. Taupe is like a grey brown, and this is a slightly green tinted brown. I just googled taupe to see if I was being too hard on OPI, and I learned that the word comes from the French for "mole." The other bottle in this two-pack just so happened to be the even more horribly named Gaining Mole-mentum! That's kind of weird! Join me Friday for another KBShimmer polish and another first for the blog...my first holo!

No comments:

Post a Comment