Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Orly Black Holo

This is such a weird polish. It turned out to be Black Holo week on Unsweetened Nails, and to prove it, I've got a polish here called just that. Now, when I picked up this polish in the store, I was stunned. I mean, look at it in the bottle!
It's got a crazy warp-drive look to it
 Black Holo is indeed black and holo. Sadly, it's black holo bar glitter, so applying it is a mess. It doesn't stick up, so that's nice, but it requires a lot of manipulation.

Index: 1 coat over Revlon Black Magic
Middle: 2 coats
Ring: Sponged on
Pinky: 1 coat and sponged tip

It looks weird, and it inspired me to do some weird photo editing.
If I recall correctly, I got this polish at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond during a big liquidation they were having. They were the only store in town with a Color Club display, and one of the few places I have ever seen Orly Color Blast. Which is good, because Orly Color Blast is a rip-off. The bottles, as you can see, are 11 mL and I think they retail for like $7. I don't know much about them, since no one buys them if they can avoid it, but I'm under the impression that a lot of them are just regular Orlys decanted out of their giant bottles into these little ones and sold for $1 less.

I do like the name "Color Blast."
While tagging this, I realized this is the first Orly I've ever posted about. This is also Unsweetened Nails' 50th post! Yes, a polish I would never actually wear from a brand that I have like six polishes from (OK, I checked and I have 13 Orlys. But still.)! Well, I started this blog with an obscure polish, so I guess it makes sense that my 50th post would be something equally obscure. Come back Friday for another black holo with black holo in the name, although this is a polish you will probably have heard of and seen before.



No comments:

Post a Comment