Monday, October 24, 2016

Colors by Llarowe Black Gold, Texas Tea

This is a nostalgic polish for me. It was my first ever black holo, and one of my earliest indie purchases. It's an absolutely stunning, inky blue-toned black and I love it so much I wish I could sleep in a vat of it.
It's kind of in-between an old school, fussy holo and a newer formula; it doesn't need aqua base coat or anything (thank goodness), but Seche does dull the holo, so all these pics are sans top coat. 

I have a few other pitch-black holos in my collection now, but this one blew me away when I got it. I bought this as a response to Color Club Beyond, which, as you may recall, is a silvery charcoal grey holo. I wanted so badly for it to be black that I went on the hunt and found this polish, which I love so much that I made two overly busy collages featuring it.
It's a bonus collage!
I was delighted to discover Colors by Llarowe when I was first starting to look for polishes that weren't super easy to find when when I was looking for them, like pitch black holos or translucent flakies. I don't really buy from the brand any more, but I do love the CbL polishes that I have. Black Gold, Texas Tea isn't the most wearable polish due to the top coat dulling issue, but I'm sure there's some trick to get around that ( I didn't try putting clear polish over it, that might work). The formula is excellent, although personally I'm not the biggest fan of these little square bottles. Join me Wednesday for some more black holographic goodness.







No comments:

Post a Comment