Monday, October 17, 2016

Bonita Big Dipper

I realized several things when I was editing the pictures for today's post. First, I realized that I bought this polish last winter, when Bonita had several sparkly things on offer at the Rite-Aid by my job.
Big Dipper, Golden Girl, Flirty Shirley, Flamingo, and Tinman's Brew are some of the gaudy, glittery, and even holographic Bonita polishes that I have, and I picked up almost all of them at the downtown Portland Rite-Aid on my way to work. This year, that same Rite-Aid has the summer neons still out, and no other Bonitas in sight. Bonita! Where did you go? I need cheap holo glitter that sparkles under fluorescent lights to get me through the miserable rainy winter!

 Another thing I realized is that I like making overcomplicated collages. Since I got my new lighting set up, I have been taking enormous amounts of pictures and deleting most of them, and I'm also starting to really enjoy taking bottle shots. I realized that I stole the idea of the collage with close-up bottle shot from Nicole at Bedlam Beauty, but while she makes consistently clear and well-balanced collages, mine are kind of a mess. I'm not worried about it, since I'm blogging for myself and not to provide any kind of service to others. I'm gonna call it art.
The third thing I realized: The brand name is "bonita by Royal Essence." I have never, ever heard of Royal Essence. Who or what is Royal Essence? I googled them and found a jewelry/candle company, an essential oils company, and a perfume company all by that name, as well as at least one salon.  
 Bonita has their own website, and on the about page they call themselves "Nono Cosmetics." The website says nothing, anywhere, about Royal Essence. I'm sorry this blog post raises questions it can't answer, but Royal Essence will just have to remain a mystery for the time being.
Oh, I guess I should talk about the polish itself, huh? Big Dipper is a mix of medium and small silver metallic and silver holographic glitter. I've got one coat on my index and pinky, two coats on my middle, and I sponged it on my ring finger. It's jam-packed with glitter, but the base isn't goopy or hard to spread. If you ever happen across a bottle of it for $1.75, as I did, it's a nice little holiday-feeling glitter topper. I'm wearing it over Wet N Wild Black Creme, which I was going to include solo shots of in this post before it turned out to be inexplicably long. Join me Wednesday for a more seasonally-appropriate polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment