Saturday, October 29, 2016

F.U.N. Lacquer Black Holo Witch

Not sure what happened this week, but I've got a lot of pictures of various polishes that I love and think turned out great, and then I've got my photos of F.U.N. Lacquer Black Holo Witch.
I feel like I should say a few words here. This polish was part of a collaboration between the lady who makes F.U.N. Lacquer and the lady who runs the Simply Nailogical account on social media. I used to think Simply Nailogical was really funny, and I loved that she was combining nail art with comedy in her videos. I learned a lot about gradients from her blog when I was a newbie, she's the reason I started using nail oil (I still use Bliss Kiss Simply Pure, and I still love it), she's the reason I got on Instagram. Hell, I think her blog is the first place I saw ILNP swatches, which was my gateway indie.
The thing about being on Instagram, though, is seeing her fans, who are mostly terrible and too young to be on Instagram (that's not a cranky old person judgement call, I mean according to the terms of service). Seeing them throwing around her catchphrases and tagging her everywhere got annoying, and then seeing her actually encourage their obnoxiousness was it for me. She runs a second account on Instagram called SimplyNotlogical, and it's a repost account. It's awesome that she uses her popularity as a way to get other nail art accounts some exposure! It's not awesome that she also reposts poorly-thought out memes made by her ignorant fanbase!
And that's all I really have to say about that. I have exactly one other F.U.N. Lacquer (not that there aren't more I want!), and it's also from this collection. I was a fan at the time and justified the expense by thinking it was nice to support a nail artist I liked.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, I totally forgot to talk about the polish itself. It's a really thick charcoal micro glitter. The formula is difficult to work with and the end result isn't that dissimilar from any other holo micro glitter (over black, I might as well have used China Glaze Fairy Dust). There are cool things you can do with this polish, but it gets all over the place and is very annoying. Join me tomorrow for some spooky nail art that breaks all the rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment