Friday, November 11, 2016

Temporary Hiatus

Hello, hypothetical readers. I'm an American, and two days ago, something extremely terrible happened in my country. The white supremacy, misogyny, selfishness, admiration of aggression, and arrogance that have been traits of United States citizens for as long as this nation has existed have resulted in the election of Donald Trump as our next president. This has left me sick at heart to a measure I could not have fathomed. I am extremely privileged to live in Portland, Oregon, a bastion of liberalism, and therefore I feel obligated to spend my spare time taking political action in any way that I can. This means that I have neither the time, nor the will, to blog about nail polish right now. This is a temporary hiatus; I will make time to continue blogging, and I will achieve the balance in my life necessary to incorporate self-care, including painting my nails. I am currently in a state of shock and horror, and I don't know when that's going to wear off; I am struggling to find ways to cope, but I am compelled to look outward and do anything I can to serve in this time of fear. I don't know what's going to happen, but I know we let this happen and I know I cannot accept it.
Thank you for reading Unsweetened Nails. See you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment