Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloweek Spooktacular - The Final Chapter

I'm not going to lie, I really overextended myself this week. I decided to do this Spooktacular, came down with a terrible cold, and just wanted to spend my weekend loafing around in bed...although I also had to catch up on the housework I'd been neglecting. So yes, this post is a day late, and I'm going to avoid trying to post every day from now on because this is crazy. Today's post is just a bunch of Halloween nail art.
Here's China Glaze Getting to Gnaw you, mattified and stamped with Powder Perfect Orange Stamping polish and an image from their Halloween plate.
A collage of various spider-themed manis I did, all of which I posted on Facebook. Upper left and lower right are Pahlish Rum Runner Hibiscus, stamped with Powder Perfect White Stamping polish and the Halloween plate; lower left is ILNP BFF's, stamped with Konad White and Hehe 046 plate; upper right is Fantasy Makers Whiteout, the webs were hand-painted with Fantasy Makers Black as Knight, and the spider was built out of Butter London Gobsmacked with little red eyes made from Fantasy Makers Bloody Marie. As an aside, I tried to tag all the polishes I used in this post but I ran out of characters.
 Here's a franken I made out of Sally Hansen Pumpkin spice and orange holo craft glitter from JoAnn's Fabric. The craft glitter bled and colored the base this nice umber color, and the formula remained surprisingly workable; I think it's actually better than it was when I picked it up at the Dollar Tree. I hated the streaky jelly base and sparse glitter.
 Here's the franken stamped with Powder Perfect Golden Stamping Polish and the Halloween plate. Can you tell I really love these? I've been calling this "the franken" because when I initially made it, I thought it would be funny to call it "Pimpin' Spice." Because I pimped this polish out, get it? I have since come to realize that that is gross and I'm embarrassed to have called it that. Pimps are terrible and it's not cool to glorify them.
 Lastly, here's a polish I did for a contest in the Hella Holo Customs Facebook group, using all HHC polishes. The black is Crows Toes Sleep With One Eye Open; from left to right, the other polishes are Dreamland Lacquer Makai, Crows Toes Beyond Your Fears, Girly Bits Terra with red eyes of Powder Perfect Bruised Rose, and Dreamland Mauka.
So concludes Halloweek! Tomorrow we're back to regularly scheduled swatching of three lovely red and burgundy holos! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment